Last night my pictures came from http://www.scrapbookpictures.com. Awesome website, reasonable prices and they have custom sizes that are perfect for scrapbooking.
I am going away for the weekend to a crop. I’m spending three days not thinking about our house, or what needs painted. Three days where no one will follow me into the bathroom or demand that I tuck them in for the thousandth time. Three days where I get to recharge.
I am going to work on pages that I have (for once) semi pre-planned. I will look at my beautiful babies and create pages about them that can be shared and hopefully one day shared and passed on to their children. I don’t scrapbook my kids chronologically. If I did that, I’d constantly be behind the ball and trying to catch up. Then my fun hobby would become work. So, instead I do pages about great days, perfect expressions and experiences or just plain old great pictures that I want to remember and preserve.
Some of what I’m hoping to accomplish:
- I’m going to revisit our trip to the Pittsburgh zoo two summers ago
- Elena outside in the leaves this fall
- Jeffrey eating a pear like it was the greatest thing in the world
- Our first experience cutting down our own Christmas tree before Elena was born
- Jeffrey decked out with his guitar hero “gihar”
- Jeffrey’s last swim class
- Elena with Abigail (Bridget’s dog)
- Jeffrey and my mom playing with water guns this past summer
Hopefully I’ll be successful. For sure I’ll have fun. I love looking through the pictures and remembering all the fun that we had. I love capturing that look of joy on my kids faces.
So. Happy love Thursday everyone. Relax, recharge and scrapbook!