May 2010 be better than 2009. It was a year of ups and downs. I hope next year can have the ups but with less dramatic downs.
My overwhelming memories of the year.
- We had Elena. Beautiful little angel. Your birth, your crawling, the first time you latched on to me. Everything about you makes me happy.
- I saw the business I helped save, go under. It still pains me to drive past the space for the Paper Garden. We may have only been involved for a short time, but I loved that place.
- Brian and I WAY underestimated our taxes and ended up owing tons. We’re still recovering from that.
- We decided to sell our house that I love to people who are STILL pissing me off.
- Jeffrey had his tonsils out. Lord only knows how we all survived those few weeks. He was MISERABLE. But much less noisy now. A better breathing boy makes it all worth it.
- We found our new house. And I really really like it.
- We were lucky enough to have FIVE people offer to let us stay with them while we are between houses. It makes me feel very blessed to have such generous friends. And it makes me feel proud of us that so many people would take us in.
- Jeffrey asking what all the signs say on the way home from work (And I mean ALL signs). He’s never quiet. He is ferocious in his love for things and I am so proud and astounded to be his mother.
All in all it was a good year. I hope that next year brings with it a bit more peace. That we can calm our lives a bit and spend more time together as a family.
Happy New Year!