Okay I realize that I haven’t posted in a billion years. Busy with work, home, Super Bowl, stomach flu etc. I’ll catch up soon. Until then, I stole this meme from Mary P. Enjoy!
This for all you mothers out there about your firstborn. Just copy/paste and write a new note.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Almost to the day.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Absolute excitement and fear.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No but I’ll never be sure if the amnio results had been different
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I took two home tests and the control panel didn’t go off, I bought another home test at the hospital and managed to wait until 10:30am before taking it.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband Brian.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
9. DUE DATE?
March 22, 2006
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Thank goodness, no.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Fresh red raspberries. I could be placated with other fruit but I really wanted raspberries.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
People who reacted to Jeffrey’s premature birth by telling me at least I would “get fat” or “loose sleep.” Still irritates me now, in fact.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
For about four seconds and then I was just happy that we were having a healthy (at least genetically) child. We found out via the amniocentisis.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN?
Honestly, I have no idea. When he was born early, any idea of charting that kind of stuff kinda flew out the window. I can tell you I never lost the last ten.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes. When he was about a month old.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew. We had it planned from before he was born.
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Yes. Blood clot, bleeding, limb measurements were small on the ultrasound, low amniotic fluid all culminating in my water breaking at 28 weeks and then no one believing me about it until he was born a week later.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, New York. One floor up from the lab I work in.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Contractions? About 8 hours. Active pushing labor? About 15 minutes. (Hey he was 2 lbs.)
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Brian drove me to Highland (where we were supposed to have Jeffrey) and we were transported by Gates Ambulance to Strong.
23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yep. I had morphine and an epidural
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
2 lbs, 12 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
January 7, 2006. 11 weeks early.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD?
Jeffrey Loren. He is named after a dear friend of Brian’s who sadly passed away in a car accident while they were in college. They made a pact in 10th grade that they would name their children after one another.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRSTBORN TODAY?