It has been a whirlwind week. I have so much stuff that I would like to post about and I just can’t get the thoughts to coalesce. So instead of a well thought out, purposefull post? I give you …
Quick recaps of my world!
- Jeffrey burnt his hand on the griddle last Monday. It was awful. His thumb and pointer on his right hand blistered and ….poor baby. Seriously, it just breaks your heart when they are hurting and you can’t take it away.
- My mother successfully has a new hip. She had the surgery on Friday morning and started her therapy by Friday night. The staff is really happy with her progress and she should be home today sometime. I guess a nurse will come to the house for the first few days of this week to help her with therapy and then she’ll go to a local place every day for it. Thank goodness my dad is working from home now because he’ll be around to help her out.
- We started Jeffrey on a “real” book. A non-picture book just with words. It’s an experiment to see if he’s ready to listen to a story. We’re six or seven chapters into Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to him while he was in the NICU, and I’d never actually read this one. So far, he does get easily distracted but he seems to be pretty interested in what is going on. I’m encouraged and More than ready to start reading “real” books at night.
- Went shopping this weekend and actually bought some baby clothes. I hadn’t really bought anything yet and darn it I wanted some girlie stuff in my life!
- Brian and I realize that it’s not that much longer till we’ll have Elena so we have to make a list of things we need to do or buy this time around. For instance, the walls of her bedroom are this horrible sharp stucco and they need to be sanded down and replastered or removed and put up drywall. Lots of little things. Nothing that will make or break if it’s not done before she’s born, but I imagine it won’t get any easier after her grand appearance. 🙂
- Jeffrey had his third and (God I hope) final 3rd birthday party this weekend. Aunt Steph, Nicholle and Tiff came out from Albany to visit and have a get together for Jeffrey. He got some great gifts (and cake of course!) and seemed to have a wonderful time. Plus it was great to see the girls!
Well that’s it for now, hopefully I’ll find sometime soon to write something that doesn’t include bullet points or me just shouting crap at the screen!