11 Apr

So… sore throat yesterday morning meant feeling like death warmed over this morning. Skipped work but still had to drive in to pick up the pager. Brian and I had driven home together yesterday so my van was still at the hospital. I needed the van in case the pager went off and because I had a doctor’s appointment at one.

I got home tried to lay down but the pounding head was having none of it. Left at twelve thirty for the OB appointment. I wanted to get there a few minutes early and I arrived at 12:45. Yeah, the office closes for lunch until one and apparently my appointment was at 1:30. So I just sat in my car for twenty minutes and then in the office for twenty more. Whatever.

I had my IUD removed and we are one step closer to having baby number two. I discussed the inherent issues with an impending pregnancy. That I will be high risk from day one. In addition to a prenatal vitamin, I should stock up on vitamin C and E as well. They have been shown in studies to strengthen the bag of waters. I probably won’t be allowed to be as active as I want to be and hopefully I’ll get sick of seeing her and we’ll get all the way to 40 weeks. She however doesn’t think I’m crazy to have a mini-goal of 32 weeks.

As an aside. We are not actively trying to become pregnant yet. Brian is concerned that perhaps we had so many problems with Jeffrey’s pregnancy because we got pregnant too quickly. So he wants to wait and let everything settle before we start trying to conceive. So I agreed to wait until June 1st. Then we’re going into manufacturing mode. (Plus our vacation house has a hot tub. I am not missing out on the hot tubbing! That is half the reason to go on vacation. Drinking in the hot tub, singing Cure songs. What memories…)

Anyway. Back to today. I came home for the OB, tried to lay down and rest. The pager went off. #$%!!!

So now I’m at work. For hopefully a DNA typing only donor. (To anyone who doesn’t know, I work in the lab for organ transplantation).  With any luck, in 15 minutes I will give my typing to the OPO coordinator and she will give me leave to go home. Or she’ll tell me I’m stuck here for the next four hours. Either way, I’d really like to lie down and sleep.

Hopefully this will be it for today and the pager will lie quietly for the rest of the weekend. Have a good one everybody!


Posted by on April 11, 2008 in General, work


4 responses to “Today

  1. Kelly

    April 12, 2008 at 10:25 am

    OH it sucks to be working when you feel like complete crap!! Good luck with pregnancy #2! Sounds like you guys have really thought of everything so hopefully no complications!

  2. kelly

    April 14, 2008 at 5:38 am

    Hope your feeling better by now? Are you?

  3. Happy Working Mom

    April 14, 2008 at 8:44 am

    I hope the weekend was better for you!

    Good luck with working on baby #2! I hope it happens when you want it to 🙂

  4. Rachel

    April 14, 2008 at 5:45 pm

    Hope you are feeling better by now! I wish you guys luck in June and I hope this time you make it all the way to 40!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: