The Fun Monday Assignment for Monday 28th January! This week is being hosted by Angela at The Lurchers. Go check it out.
So continuing in the spirit of “being interested in people”, I would like to know, or see, what’s on, in or under your bedside table! So open those draws and bare your soul to us! Is there anything special there that has a story or a memory that you can tell us about? Books that you keep there to delve into from time to time? Trinkets that you don’t know where else to put? Let’s see!
1. This is my bedside table. It’s quite sad. There isn’t enough room in our bedroom to fit the “real” bedside table so I am using a tv tray.
Currently on my table we have:
- An alarm clock, a great asset for getting to work on time.
- Some chapstick
- Two half empty bottles of water. God forbid I become dehydrated during the night.
- An instruction book for the Kidsmart Vocal Smoke Detector. My FIL bought this for us last Christmas and we finally put it up in Jeffrey’s room. Instead of loud sirens when it senses smoke, it plays a recording of your voice. I think our’s is Brian telling Jeffrey that there is a fire, to get out of bed and go to the window?
- Some lavender and vanilla lotion. I’ve lost my good stuff and this is second in line.
2. This is Brian’s bedside table. It’s similar to what mine would look like if it were actually in our bedroom and not stored elsewhere. I’m not going to photograph all of his drawers since it’s his stuff but I’ll go through the top and things that are mine.
Brian’s table has:
- A lamp that I put the wrong size light bulb in and now the shade is just balancing atop the bulb. During the taking of these pictures, the shade slipped and the bulb burnt a hole through it. I think it may be time for a new lamp shade.
- A crystal clock that was given to us by Brian’s co-workers when we were married.
- Brian’s organizer for his cell phone, watch, wallet, palm pilot etc.
A snow globe that was given to us when we were married. (Wow, it’s been almost seven years and we still have this stuff in our bedroom) Maybe we need to decorate more often.
- A clock and phone charger. This was the one that was damaged in the leaking roof debacle.
- Four or five books. They were mostly Christmas gifts for Brian. They include Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, Language Instinct by Steven Pinker, Evolution of Useful Things by Henry Petroski, It’s not news, It’s Fark by Drew Curtis and Freakonomics by Steven Levistt and Stephin Dubner.
3. My drawer in Brian’s table. Just as disorganized as you would expect.
It includes such treasures as:
- Sex Flashcards by Knock Knock. I bought these at Parkleigh Pharmacy. They have the coolest stuff there!
- Bottles of Ibuprofen and Tylenol with Codeine that are left over from when I had Jeffrey.
- A $25 giftcard to Wegmans. The single greatest grocery store on the planet.
- A tube of Pure Lan 100. Again left over from when I was nursing Jeffrey. I recommend this to everyone who is nursing their kids!
- A half empty package of Root tealights. Apple Vanilla scent. Root is one of my most favorite brands of candles.
- Rounding it off with a bunch of chap stick tubes, pens, loose change, a baby hairbrush and a receipts.
Well that’s about it. Hope you’ve gained some insight by poring over my nightstand (and lack of nightstand). Have a great fun Monday!
Hostess for Monday 4th February: Tiggerlane over at The Neophyte Blogger has kindly offered to host next week’s Fun Monday!