Alright, this is going to be an extremely long post. I may actually batch it into several posts so that your eyes don’t fall out.
Here is my question. I don’t know whether I should continue to stay in the ObGyn practice that I’m in or to change to a new one. I know this doesn’t sound like that big of a deal, but it’s really bothering me and I truly don’t know what to do.
Here are the pro’s of this practice:
- My doctor, Oona Lim is awesome. I love her. She was really fabulous pre and post baby and continues to be someone whom I trust and feel confidence in. She basically followed me through my entire pregnancy but was on vacation the week that I gave birth. (File that fact away for future reference).
- Kitty, the nurse at the office I most usually attend is also spectacular. She recommended our pediatrician to us and became less of a nurse and more of a friend during our pregnancy.
- The general office staff is really nice, they were very accommodating concerning scheduling during my pregnancy. This is notable since I was in the office so often due to the myriad of problems we encountered.
- It’s convenient to our home, they have an office close to work and are affiliated with an extremely good maternity hospital. It doesn’t happen to be the hospital I gave birth in, but it’s still very good.
- They were very attentive during the bleeding/blood clot crisis, the amniocentesis crisis, the low amniotic fluid crisis as well as the general kidney stones and first pregancy freakouts that I assume are common in most pregnancies. During all of these events, the staff was reassuring while honest and they really made some bad situations feel better.
Alright so that was (in a nutshell) the good stuff. The next post will be why I’m thinking of leaving.
Look at me leaving y’all a cliffhanger ending. I’m just so sneaky this week.