I’ve been tagged by Kurt. Once you have been tagged, you have to write a post with five facts about yourself. Then choose five people you want to tag and list their names. Then leave a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my five things. They are probably things that some of you already know about me, but hopefully you’ll learn something new about me 🙂
1. I am closet Star Wars geek. I am a fountain of information for the original Trilogy . I own a light sabre and an extraordinary number of action figures. While in college, I once enacted a scene from Episode IV, for my fencing class.
2. I own over a thousand books and I’m extremely anal retentive about them. I freak out if the cover isn’t pristine or (God forbid!) if the spine is broken. I will sell or get rid of it rather than keep one that’s messed up. The only exceptions are books that have been lovingly broken in by multiple readings.
3. I don’t love all small children and I’m kinda frightened of any older than Jeffrey. I just don’t know how to interact and I have no natural instincts. I’m trying to get better but only because of watching Brian.
4. When I was in high school I used to work at a veterinary clinic. The doc I worked for did large and small animals as well as exotics. While working there I spent a considerable amount of time working with cougars, lions and tigers. I had a lot of hands on time and (at the time) was extremely comfortable working alone with these very amazing animals. I really fell in love with large cats and would love to one day again own or rescue one.
5. I am a huge, huge fan of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I used to watch it every night when I was in high school and during the past year Brian got the entire collection for me. I have ten seasons of bad movies with the bots and Joel or Mike. It made me a crappy person to go to the movies with because I am constantly trying to stop myself from making stupid comments during the film.
Thank you Kurt for tagging me. This was a fun meme!
The people I tag are… (forgive me if you don’t want to be tagged, I’m reaching out to bloggers that I read).